I’ve been a fan of the trifold wallet since I started carrying one back as a wee lad.
The trifold is nothing special, it’s just what I grew up and what is comfortable to me…that is until it becomes so fat that I can’t have it in my pocket.
“This is an organizer, a secretary, and a friend.”- George Costanza
That makes me begin to wonder: What is in my wallet? In homage of Spring Cleaning. It’s time to clean out the ole’ wallet. For you voyeurs, this should be fun.
A Catalogue of What’s in My Wallet
I have to make this wallet thinner. I’ll put a Trash to those items I’m taking out.
Inside the folds
- $40 in mostly one dollar bills that I have saved for garage sale season.
- $1.26 left over for money to spend on my wife. (We budget cash to spend on each other each money)
- My new address listed on sticky note.
- ING relic debit card that will soon be replaced I’m sure [RIP ING Direct...].
- XX bank debit card
- Insurance card
- Best Buy Rewards Card Trash
- REI Member Card
- Safeway Club card Trash
- Old insurance card Trash
- Costco Card- I can trash this when our membership expires.
- Drivers License
- Picture of my wife
- Picture of my son as baby
- Stash of old receipts
- 4 OTC business cards
- Starbucks Gold card–yes I like coffee.
- Business Debit card
- Old McDonald’s Gift Card Trash
- Panera Bread card
- HSA debit card
- AAA card
- Current insurance card-doh!
- My lunch money, mad money, and couples spending money for the new month. Time to check YNAB to see how much to withdraw.
Sorry, nothing too exciting or revealing. I was able to ditch a few items, but most are essentials.
I’ll need to investigate an app that stores my reward card numbers. Any suggestions?
Now it’s your turn to Spring Clean your wallet or pocketbook.
What’s in your wallet? What could/should you take out.
Helpful Articles on Cleaning Your Wallet
- 6 Things to Keep in your Wallet
- 5 Things You Should Never Keep in Your Wallet or Purse
- The Digital Wallet and Future Payments (Infographic)
- Don’t Sit on Your Wallet: Ergonomic Tips for Your Back