“Are you serious?”, I thought as I walked through Costco weeks before Halloween. Before my eyes was an isle of Christmas trees and other bits of Christmas garbage.
While I’ve come to expect this sort of marketing, we still had 2 major holidays before Christmas begins. We hadn’t even begun to buy our Halloween candy, before being bombarded with Christmas advertising!
This is my Are You Serious? edition of random money thoughts. I hope you enjoy and share some of your Are You Serious? moments in the comments below.
Are You Serious?
Below are a few other items that had me asking, “are you serious?” these past few weeks.
- We were almost scammed $9.99 on our phone bill due to random text messages.
- Did you know clergy has the option to opt out of Social Security? I wish I could!
- This one I couldn’t believe. For only $129 plus the price of the kit, you can buy your own DNA Paternity Test Kit! and find out who the baby daddy is. Seriously?
- Gas prices in California were freakishly high in October. We couldn’t use gas from other states because of our high environmental standards.
Other Web Happenings
These are a few of my other happenings on the interwebs in October. I love that word! interwebs. Go ahead and use it in a sentence.
- I had a Guest Post at Couple Money- Throw a Budget Party.
- Jon White allowed me on his podcast to discuss the question, “Do rich people need to budget if they spend frugally?” Check out our answers!
- My Care One mentioned OTC at Straight Talk on Debt: What’s on Your Money Mind.
- What Mommy Does gave OTC a nod in a recent article.
Top Comments In October
- maria@moneyprinciple (5)
- Average Joe (4)
- AverageJoe (4) (Seems Uncle Joe has two profiles)
- krantcents (4)
- Barbara Friedberg (3)