Do you want a raise? A new study by Vasilios Kosteas of Cleveland State University shows that by exercising 3x a week can earn you 9% more than your non exercising coworkers.
Yes, working out pays! This study didn’t account for how people looked as a result of the study, but only for time spent exercising. To qualify for the study the participants had to exercise for a minimum of 3x a week for 1 hour.
Want a 9% Raise? Hit the Gym
More Health and Financial Benefits of Exercise
- Lower healthcare costs due to increased health.
- Decrease of stress and anxiety.
- Increased energy and productivity.
- Increased focus.
- Better educated and informed by all the books, podcasts, and magazines you can read/listen to while exercising.
- More time for idea generation when exercising.
- Mingle and network with other higher wage earners.
- Increased discipline.
Do you exercise regularly? What do you think about the correlation between exercise and higher pay?
Photo Credit Gudlyf