This week my wife has taken on additional duties at work, that leaves me with watching our son, cleaning, shopping, and cooking dinner.
I seriously don’t know how she does it! I’m exhausted. Seriously exhausted.
I fell asleep sitting upright in the comfy chair after dinner tonight for about 20 minutes. I awoke with my wife laughing at me calling me grandpa. No not grandpa- Mr. Mom.
I’m a Mr. Mom
I don’t know how moms do this gig, especially those mommy bloggers with 4 kids. Do they sleep? I think not.
I find myself waking at 6:00 a.m. to try and get my online work completed by 9:00 when my wife starts her gig. I also get nap time free, but again I just want to sleep.
Then there is basic cleaning, shopping, and cooking to do. Oh, yeah and entertain a rambunctious toddler for all his waking hours.
Getting to spend a lot of time with my son is a lot of fun.
- Perfecting his fist bump (still working on the blow up).
- Teaching him to do pull-ups at the outdoor gym. Pull-up and dip bars at a nearby park.
- Taking him to the playground.
- Watching Sesame Street. Seriously I didn’t know so many famous people are on there. Seriously check their YouTube channel.
- Not so fun is dealing with a stubborn toddler testing his limits.
This week I’ve also cooked my 1st frittata–while burning my hand, made a menu and grocery list + shopped by myself for the first in a long long time.–under budget I might add, but come to find I forgot a whole meal! This Mr. Mom gig is tough!
I’m also more thankful for wife and all she does. I’m ready to go back to fulltime freelancing and coaching…it’s easier!
Overall it’s enjoyable, but I’m behind on my work and need a nap!
If there are any other Mr. Moms or real moms who also work from home, feel free to give tips.