So you’re in the market for a used car? Of course you are since you know that new cars loose their value once you drive them off the lot. I hope you’re paying cash…right? We are still driving our paid for used car with low miles and we don’t care what people think! If you know L.A. culture it’s all about how you look and appear to others.
Good links for buying used cars:
- Kelly Blue Book – Want to know what your car is worth?
- Edmunds- Another industry standard to find the price of car. Plus you can search for local used cars near you.
- Carfax – Want to find out if you car has been in an accident or had any major repairs? Make sure you have the VIN number. Be prepared to cough up some cash.
- Safecar.gov- Has your car been recalled?
- Department of Justice’s National Motor Vehicle Title Information System- Search via VIN number the car’s history.
- Federal Trade Commission- Good tips and explanation of legal jargon.
- Consumer Reports- Hey can’t go wrong with these guys…you’ll have to join the site though, unless you can find free copies in the library.
- Good Blog Article by Art of Manliness on “How to Buy a Used Car“