I had a simple goal this year: Read one non-fiction book every month. I’ve heard that millionaires read at least 1 non-fiction book every month (or maybe I read it in Dr. Thomas Stanley’s The Millionaire Next Door). I’d like to be a millionaire, so I should start doing what rich people do.
I really enjoy my kindle (thanks mom!) and the free books that are offered. Here are the books I’ve read so far this year in no certain order. (Full Disclosure, the below links are Amazon Affiliate links)
- Living Rich by Spending Smart: How to Get More of What you Really Want- Gregory Karp
- Rich Dad Poor Dad- Robert Kiyosaki
- Today We Are Rich- Tim Sanders
- Quiet Strength-Tony Dungy
- Become a Coach- Justin Lukasavige
- Wired to Care: How Companies Prosper When They Create Widespread Empathy-Dev Patnaik
- Poke the Box- Seth Godin
- The Go-Getter- Peter Bernard Kyne (This book is free!)
So far this year I’m ahead of the schedule by 1 book, but that doesn’t mean I’ll slow down. I’ve enjoyed all of them (that’s why I finished reading them). If you don’t like a book, then it’s o.k. to stop reading it!
What books are reading this year? Any that you’d recommend?
(Photo by Ev0luti0nary)