This will be a short post as I’m prepping our urban garden, but I wanted to let you know about a cool new feature for those of you with ING Direct Checking accounts. Geez I sound like a commercial.
I’m not getting any money from this endorsement (currently), I’m just geeking out a bit since it will make my life a lot easier.
Deposit Money Directly to Your ING Direct Account Remotely
If you are an ING Direct member, then you’ve had to funnel the money into your account through a brick and mortar bank and then transfer the money. You might have also mailed in your checks, but this was a slow and cumbersome process too.
Now, it’s super easy to add money to your account. In fact I just tested it out and successfully deposited a check to my account. Using their newly updated app for smart phones you can just snap a picture of your check and poof the money is on its way.
Steps for Depositing Checks to Your ING Account Remotely
*Note there is a $3,ooo limit for remote deposits.
1) Update or download the ING Direct app if you haven’t already.
2) Choose the camera icon in top right corner that says “Deposit”
3) Take a picture of the front.
4) Take a picture of the back of the check (make sure it is signed).
5) You’ll get an email within a few minutes that ING has received your check.
6) A followup email (mine took 40 minuets) that the deposit has entered. There is still a 2 day holding period on the money.
Very easy process and one that I’ll be utilizing for all my future deposits. Thank you ING for adding this much needed feature!
If you have more questions here is ING help section for CheckMate remote depositing.
What do you think of the new remote deposit feature with ING?