Here we are again. Another mini blogging milestone.–Thanks to everyone who reads and supports this site! Ya’ll are a swell bunch.
I won’t have a giveaway like my 200th article, but I plan on having one soon (any sponsors out there want to contribute? 🙂 ).
I find it’s good to pause and reassess why I continue this maddening blogging journey. If you just want to read about personal finances check out my archives and I’ll be back on Monday.
Why I’m Still Blogging After 250 Articles.
Have you ever had a parttime job that offers only pennies a day, takes hours of your time, and consumes much of your mind. Yep, that is what most beginning bloggers experience–The Long and Winding Road.
Hard work with little pay–BUT many intangible rewards like knowledge, friends, respect, an outlet for passions…etc.
Why do I do this?
I started blogging [First Article: Money is Cent Everything] as an extension of my financial coaching business, but came to realize I could help more people by blogging than with my one on one coaching.
Who knew that I could write one article that literally hundreds would read in a day and that would impact them personally and financially?
I blog to help others and change lives, not just make money for myself–although that would be an awesome bonus.
I believe money is the applause you receive from a job well done in the marketplace. When you help others money starts to flow–it has started to flow…ok drip, but the faucet is on.
As I continue to blog in 2013, I want to focus on helping others and changing lives, not just grabbing the low hanging fruit and monetize my site with sleazy products or ads that are not helpful.
“I never endorse or promote a product or service that does not create high value for my readers. Only the best for my readers!”- My Disclosure Policy
2013 Blogging Goals and How You Can Help
Blogging is a bit of wizard behind the curtain tech magic and awesome writing that inspires other to action. Balancing both takes a lot of time, but I’m up for the challenge.
These are a few of my goals for 2013 fueled by my motivation to help others and change lives.
Some are very technical and nerdy, but as the numbers increase so grows my platform and ability to help others in financial need.
- Blog 3-4 times a week.
- Alexa 100,000 or below.
- RSS 250 Readers.
- Finally start a Newsletter.
- Hit the 500 daily unique views mark.
- 1000 Twitter followers.
- Have an article published in a top 10 Personal Finance website or news outlet.
- Write and Publish an E-book.
- Become a member of Yakezie.
How You Can Help Reach These Goals
Did you know that you can help in making these goals a reality? Here are a few ways!
1. Subscribe via RSS to receive new articles via email or added to your reader of choice.
2. Follow on Twitter.
3. If you visit the website often, download the Alexa toolbar and use for surfing my site. It helps with rankings. Also a great tool for finding legit websites and avoiding scamy ones.
5. Add me to Google Plus–yes trust me this will become huge in 2013.
6. Email me with ideas, questions, suggestions, or just a note saying hello! brent at ontargetcoach dot com
Thanks again for your support! How can I help you reach your goals in 2013?