Goals don’t have to be long in duration. I mean who really knows what they want to be doing in 20 years? I have a vague idea, but nothing specific.
My wife and I have yearly goals that we review each month, but I’m also partial to having shorter intense goals to get things moving.
In fact having a few short term goals can produce serious results, especially in our short attention span culture. That is why I make a few intense 30 day challenges and track them as I go to stay on target. If you can get others to join you, you’ll also be more inclined to finish.
My 30 Day Challenges
1) 150 Blog Comments on other sites– I’ve done this once before and it really helped increase awareness of my blog and I also was able to (virtually) meet a lot of cool bloggers. How did I do this? Simple: 5 comments a day for 30 days. I track it using a simple Google doc.
2) 30 Days of Exercise– I really need to get back in shape. I’m not fat, but I’m not in the shape that I should be in. I’m going to do the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. Think it’s easy? Think again. I’ve started, but only got to 2 weeks.This time hopefully tracking will help keep me accountable.
Other Cool 30 Day Challenges
- 31 Days to Building a Better Blog- Problogger
- List of 30 Day Challenges
- 30 Day Early to Rise Challenge
- 30 Day Song Challenge
- Write a novel in 30 days
Have you ever participated in a 30 day challenge? Want to start one now? Tell us about it below!
Photo Credit emma.kate (Creative Commons)