New Year Resolutions
New year resolutions. I’ve never been a fan. I don’t keep them because I don’t make them. I don’t make them because I don’t keep them either.
New Year’s Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual. ~Mark Twain
Most new year resolutions are about how to loose weight and how to manage your money. Why is that? Probably because Americans and Brittans spend and eat too much.
We all need improvement and a new year is a great chance to make these changes.
Make Goals for 2012
2011 is almost over and you want to change. You want 2012 to better than 2011. Twenty Eleven has been a tough year for many of you economically, relationally, spiritually…in short its be hard and you’re tired of crying, going backwards, and being hurt. It can be a better year.
This year, 2012, make goals instead of resolutions. You might have heard this before, but have you actually done it? Have you taken the time to sit down and actually write down goals?
If you choose not to make goals, then you are actually choosing not to achieve and be better. Not deciding is a decision.
5 Easy Steps for Goal Setting
- Get away to to a quiet place with a pen and paper or use your I-pad if you are techie for a few hours.
- Reflect on the past year. Read a journal (aka your Facebook page), look at your pictures, and journal about the past years pain and triumphs.
- Pray (talking and listening) and think about what you need to change. This might included adding or subtracting things, people, or activities.
- Write down those things that you are going to change. Yes, write them down and put them in a place where you’ll see them every day. *Bonus Make your Goals SMART
- Tell a friend who’ll keep you accountable and help you reach that goal.
* SMART Goals
T- Time Bound
Action: Write your goals and share with a friend or you can share below in the comments. Happy New Year!
(Photo by Rob & Jules)