I have noticed that there are certain activities that propel your financial goals, especially in the first 90 days. The first 90 days are crucial for gaining momentum and establishing success.
When you are in a rut, sometimes it takes drastic measures to get unstuck. These are 10 activities I suggest and have used before to meet financial goals:
1. Unplug the TV and put it in the closet- This will give you more time and will literally unplug the negativity and fear coming from the media. [I don't Need No Stinkin' TV]
2. Exercise- Exercising will help you reduce stress and also give you success in your physical life. As you gain success in one area of life, you’ll gain confidence in other areas. [Pump Iron and Pump Up Your Wages]
3. Help Someone- You may think you have it bad, but find someone who has it worse off than yourself and help them somehow. It will make you realize that your situation isn’t all that bad, plus you’ll spread hope.
4. Be Thankful- List 3 things you are thankful for each day. As you practice being thankful in the morning, it will help you to look for positivity throughout the day.
5. Read Positive Books- replace the negativity of the media with books that carry a positive message. Try reading authors like Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy, Norman Vincent Peale, Dan Miller…etc.
6. Pray- Recognizing that God is in control and has a plan is a must. He wants to carry your burdens and walk with you through your ‘valley of the shadow of death.’
7. Wake up Early- You ever wonder how the farmer gets so much done? It’s because he wakes up and starts working before dark.
8. Work Hard- It’s time to sweat and start that business, sell stuff, or pick up that second job. It’s time to get busy.
9. Ask for Help- You can’t do this alone. You need friends and family. Reach out. Phone home. Dial a friend. Go to church. Ask for help.
10. Make a cup of coffee/tea and sit in silence Sit in silence and enjoy the moment away from you tough situation.
How do you handle tough financial situations?